Thursday, January 3, 2008

Where Is Kramer When You Need Him?

Anybody a fan of Seinfeld? Remember this episode? It's the one where Kramer's phone is the same as the movie hotline. The same thing has happened to us.

Last year, Justin and I decided to buy a carpet cleaning franchise. We bought the rights to one specific area, while one other man owned the rest of the county. Well, to make a long story short, the other man- who is also a preacher and a real estate agent tried to sell his area. He wasn't able to and told Justin that he felt led to just give it to us. How cool is that?

Since they had different phone numbers, for the different areas, we had all of the other man's phone calls forwarded to Justin's phone. No big deal, right? It really shouldn't be.

Enter the movie theater. There is one number that is different in our number and the theater's number. Guess which number is listed on the internet as the movie hotline? THE WRONG ONE.

So, every single day, we get calls for the movie theater. At first, it was funny.

"Hola, this is Rosa."
"Movie phone, Kramer speaking"
"Nope, Back to the Future is not showing at this theater"

But, then it got old. Really old.

"No, it's 451, not 452. I know it's not listed correctly."
"They are right across from Kroger."
"Do you want your carpets cleaned or not?"

And the crazy thing is this- the correct number is in every phone book. If you are smart enough to look up the phone number on the internet, why not go ahead and see what time the movie starts.

The little button that says "Movie Times" should help you out. After all, I'm no Kramer.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Kellan said...

I love Seinfeld and I loved that episode (I love all the episodes actually). That is a funny story - you have lots of funny stories! Take care - Kellan

Amy said...

I ALWAYS love Seinfeld references.
I can't believe this is happening to you.
Thanks for the laugh.

Kimberlee Kee said...

I never liked Seinfield (I know, I know, I am the only one in America), but that is hilarious. We had that happen to us, but it was a fax machine that would try to fax us all night long...I think it would automatically redial after a certain amount of time. It was tiresome, so I feel your pain (as I laugh and laugh) Love ya sis!

Anonymous said...

Now that number mix up has got to suck!!!!! Seriously. I would have a field day with callers, though!

Congrats on the expansion of business. That is soooo cool!

suchsimplepleasures said...

that is too funny. my parents phone number...the one i grew up with, was almost the same as a kids clothing store. we would, about a million times a day, get phone calls for this clothing store. it was so annoying!!!
but...you're funny!

Irene said...

Hilarious! I am a huge Seinfeld fan. Maybe it would be easier to just keep the movie section of the paper by the phone and just give them the information? If you can't beat them?.......

Just kidding. Too funny.

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.