Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Maddie!

Maddie,

Four years ago, my life changed. I never imagined how much having a child would change everything. And, for the better.


From you, I've learned just how precious life really is.

I've learned that it's okay to take my time and enjoy what life has to offer.


I've learned that it's okay for a little girl to be daring. You are 2 years old here, jumping off the diving board. The closest adult is about 6 feet away, trying to get to you before you jump.


You have provided countless entertainment for your family.


I look forward to seeing your smile, every day.

You are four years old today. I can't believe it. Three years ago, your sense of humor and daring were beginning to show. Two years ago, I couldn't keep up with you. One year ago, I saw a glimpse of the little girl you were becoming. Today, I see a beautiful girl with a quick smile, kind heart, and knowledge that's almost scary.

I can't wait to see what a million tomorrows bring.

I love you,

Mommy

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

Laura Paxton said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! Hope that all survive the party at CEC!!!

Irene said...

What sweet pictures and a sweet post!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!

Enjoy this day and the wonderful family that you are blessed with.

Sassy said...

Maddie,
What a great Mom you have....Remember that when you are a teenager, okie dokie???
Happy 4th sweet girl!

Suburban Turmoil said...

Happy birthday Maddie! We love you!!

lattemommy said...

Wow - beautiful post! Happy Birthday, Maddie!

PS - Can I come to your birthday party, too? *hee hee*

Kimberlee Kee said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!! I love you so much. Kimmie

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!

You are so lucky to have such an awesome mom.

Anonymous said...

That really almost made me cry...thinking that Victoria will be 4 in one month. My how time flys! Happy Birthday Maddie! I love you so much!! Jen Jen

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!
What a sweet, sweet post! She is a precious little girl!

Kellan said...

What a beautiful Birthday wish for your sweet Maddie! She is beautiful and that tribute made me tear up - so sweet!

Happy Birthday Sweet Maddie - Have the best time ever!

See you soon. Kellan

Rachel said...

This was sooo sweet! She is gorgeous and you are very lucky!!

I hope she has a fantastic birthday and that y'all have fun!

Can't wait to see pics!!

BookMamma said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!
Gawd, doesn't time just FLY? It really makes me want to savor every single second.
I love that photo of her on the diving board. I've got one like that, I can totally relate to running as fast as you can to keep up!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Maddie I wen to Mallory's birthday party today.I wish i could have gone to yours!!!

P.S.
Thanks for putting me and Hannah in the picture!

Wani said...

aw... what a cutie! My oldest is 2 1/2 and the times has just flown by! I'm torn between wanting to see him grow up and wanting him to stay my little man.

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.