Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wake Me Up!

You know that dream where you are in a crowded room, and you are the only one naked? Okay- now reverse it and that's what happened to me today. I was the only one with clothes on.

I decided to shower at the gym because I had a dentist appointment nearby, and it just made more sense. I walked into the empty locker room, got my stuff ready, and headed for the showers. As I was taking a shower, and thinking about how awesome the water pressure was, I started hearing people talking. Apparently the water aerobics class had just let out.

I finish my shower and get dressed in the little area right outside the shower. I walk out and head to my locker. Oh my. There were 4 old women standing right in front of my locker. And they were all naked. Just standing there, having a conversation. No clothes, no towels, no problem.

I am not a shy person and nudity doesn't bother me. I change clothes in front of my friends. I will even change clothes in a locker room, in front of strangers. But, I DO NOT stand around naked, talking about the weather and if Macy's is having a sale this week.

So, I say excuse me, and walk to my locker. Will my boobs sag that much when I'm 70? Should I disrobe and join in the conversation? You get wrinkles there?!? Must. Firm. Abs. I reach in my locker to get my shoes, and as I'm turning around, I see one of the naked jaybirds sit on the bench. Without. A. Towel.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough. And, as I was leaving, I made sure I grabbed a schedule of classes.

From now on, if I have to take a shower at the gym, I'm making sure it's no where near the time water aerobics lets out. I've had enough sagging boobs, varicose veins, and bare butt on the bench, to last me a looooong time.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

Amy said...

I have SO been there. Every morning last year in fact. Old ladies chatting while naked after water aerobics. Yes, they do it here too!
I switched gyms and workout mid-day with all the normal, modest, young and non-conversing people.
Much Better!
(I didn't switch gyms to escape the nakedness, just a fortunate side effect.)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Better you than me! At least they feel comfortable enough to walk around naked when they are old! I would have died out laughing if that was me!

Amy said...

Oh how funny! But really, that's just wrong!

Irene said...

So funny! I rarely change or shower at the Y, I just work out and get out and shower when I get home.

My mom, on the other hand, has been going to her Y for a million years. She is from the old school. When the Y never had "changing areas" or shower curtains. To this day, she refuses to pull the shower curtain or use a changing room. She thinks nothing of walking around there for all to see. (Thank GOD we go to different Ys.)

She would definitely be one of those older, plumper, a little saggy women talking about the weather. Funny thing is, one of my friends just joined my mom's Y, and I warned her that if she sees my mom, she will most likely see much more of my mom than she probably would like!

I don't get it either! So funny!

Kimberlee Kee said...

I don't quite know what to say. EEEWWWW. I guess it could have been worse, you could have been in the men's locker room. YUK!

Kellan said...

How funny! I'm with you - I'm not much of a prude, but I don't need to see a bunch of old naked women standing around - that would definitely make me uncomfortable! See you later. Kellan

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha. when I see old woman boobies (which never happens, so I don't know why I phrased that like it regularly does), I question my idea about living until 100.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I just snort laughed my butt off! That was beyond hilarious!! Thank you for posting about it, but I do NOT thank you for the mental pictures! ROTFL

Now, I'm off to do sit-ups and put on anti-wrinkle cream...all over my body. lol

~melody~

Joanna said...

Ohmyword!! The sad thing is you can't help but look - it's like a deer in the headlights thing. ick. Hopefully this won't scar you - too much. :)

suchsimplepleasures said...

when i used to work out...notice, i said USED to...anyway, the ladies, both young and old...didn't believe in towels. or clothes. not sure why but, some of them...really should consider investing in those humungous bath sheets!! seriously...nasty!

Bren said...

Oh my! The bare butt on the bench would be too much for me!

Anonymous said...

This cracked me up. I haven't been to the gym in a LONG time, but last time I was there I got a dose of nakedness too.

A completely naked woman was sitting in front of the long mirrors blowdrying her hair. Eek!

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.