Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Where Da Party At?

It started out with 7 kids. The count is now around 15. Apparently, Maddie's birthday party is the place to be this weekend.

I picked Maddie up from school last week. Her parting words to her classmates were, "Don't forget. My party is at Chuck E. Cheese- ask your moms."

We see some friends of hers at the gym. Maddie invites both of the little girls to come to her party. What could I do? Her mom was standing right there. I couldn't exactly uninvite them. So, I told her when and where and that, of course, we would love for them to come.

I told Justin, "Be sure to invite tell your friend about the party. His wife told me that she will never step into a Chuck E Cheese again, because of all the germs, so I'm pretty sure they won't come."

They are.

Another aquaintance, whose daughter Maddie invited, called and asked about the party. Again, what could I do? They are coming.

And, since I'm such a procrastinator, 2 days before the party, I decide I should check into having it at CEC. Yes, that's after the invitations were sent. Yes, that's after I told ever freakin' 3 and 4 year old in Nashville when and where the party will be.

I approach the manager, who looked eerily like a mouse, and told my situation. No sympathy from her. The rat.

I was told that the tables could only be reserved if you go through the CEC party special. Not gonna happen. I'm not really in the mood to go bankrupt over a birthday party. So, I asked if I could come early and put the cake on one of the open tables and hold it. Nope. Once you start setting up for the party, they start the timer. And you get an hour. How can anyone be expected to eat, play, eat cake, and open presents in an hour?

We've got a ton of coupons for the pizza and tokens. If all else fails, we are going to put the pizza on one table and let everyone find their own tables to eat. The kids probably won't want to sit for long, so there should be open tables, at any given time. We'll just call everyone over when it's time for presents and cake.

This is going to bomb, isn't it?

We don't have a clue about giving a party. We will probably let random kids and adults eat our over priced pizza, simply because we won't know if we actually invited them and didn't know it.

So, hey- if you are in the Nashville area, stop by Chuck's place. It's THE place to be.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Amy said...

I've attended two parties there. The first one was at the regular tables. The parents came in early and put their stuff down on a whole bunch of them in a row. It worked just fine.

The second one was in the special birthday area. They were trying to kick us out before we even started cake AND they are the ones who bring the cake out. Before the party was even over we had to move all our stuff to other tables so the next group could come in.

Hope this helps.

Irene said...

We had a very tiny b-day party there. My 6 yo brought 4 cousins (and respective aunts/uncles). It was STILL pricey. Of course, I am a cheapo, and will not do the big b-day bashes.

We went on a Sunday at 11. There was NO ONE there when we got there. And the big tables in the back were empty. We just plopped down our stuff and were there for a few hours without any problem. Of course, your CEC may be in a much busier town than ours.

It was great though, except one her b-day gifts went missing. Whether lost, or stolen, we don't know. But CEC had no knowledge of it. Maybe the big rat really wanted to play with the Littlest Pet Shop. Luckily, my daughter didn't miss it.

Amy said...

Oh I bet it will work out fine! We've been before where some of the parents just sat around the tables eating and drinking and holding down the fort while the kiddos played. It's going to be great, she's going to be so happy and that's what it's all about!

Kellan said...

You are so funny! I'm sure it will turn out fine - usually those parties that are less planned are the ones that turn out good - at least that is true in my case. I hope it's a great party and everyone has a blast! See you soon. Kellan

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

We may stop by. Just kidding! I wouldn't do that to you! It'll be great. Kids don't care about the food and cake all being on one table as much as playing! Maddie will love it no matter what happens :)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Thank you for the invite! I think it would be a little too overstimulating for Owen, but maybe you and Maddie could come to play sometime?

Sassy said...

Me and my hand sanitizer will be there, LOL.
You are funny.

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.