Saturday, January 12, 2008

Maddie, Pack Your Bags. . . **UPDATED**

On Thursday, Justin and I realized that we had a scheduling problem with Friday night. We both had to work. No one could keep Maddie. So, I suggested he call his mom to see if she could watch her. She lives about an hour and a half away, so she spends the night when she visists.

"It's a go. Maddie can go spend the night with my mom Friday night."

"What?!? I thought your mom would be coming here and spending the night with us."

"No. She wanted to keep Maddie there, so I said okay."

Maddie has only spent the night away from home, one other time. She stayed with my parents, where there are plenty of cousins and aunts and uncles and toys to entertain her. At his mom's house, well, there's not a lot. Except animals, which I'm sure Maddie will love. We packed a bag of toys and movies, just in case.

Will Granny know to fix her peanut butter in a bowl, when she won't eat anything else? Will Granny know how to work the DVD player when it's too dark to be outside? Will Granny understand CandyLand, and be willing to play it with her? Why, oh why, did I let Maddie out of my sight?!? For an entire night? What if. . . ? And then. . . ?

Oh, wait, the phone is ringing. Maybe it's Granny and Maddie. Hhhmmmmmm. I wonder if she can keep her another night. . .

*Granny said that Maddie did just fine last night. And, she's keeping her tonight, too! That means no curfew for us. That means no worrying about a babysitter staying out too late. That means I need to go shave my legs.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

BookMamma said...

I heart spend-the-night parties with the grandparents!! So did dhe do OK?

The first time we did it I was SO micro-managing my in-laws. Silly me. Half the fun for them is shaking up our iron-clad routine and making the boys more flexible to new situations. Since then, I've learned to let it go for chrissakes! Plus it makes me feel less guilty so I can sleep in better... that's the important issue here.

Kellan said...

You're so funny - shave your legs - ACKK! I'm glad she did so well at Grandmas - nice to know for the future! Take care and have a good weekend. Kellan

Kimberlee Kee said...

Don't you think that Granny has done this before? Maddie has two great sets of grandparents...let her enjoy them all!!

Amy said...

2 nights!!
Lucky you.

I'm glad things are going well at Granny's house.

Anonymous said...

WOW...Two nights ALONE?!?! What would I do??? HMMMM better not say! Sure do wish I could have a weekend ALONE! HA, in my dreams!

Anonymous said...

shave your legs? you sicko!

Kellan said...

Hey - come over and see me - I have something for you. Kellan

Kellan said...

You are very welcome for the award! If you right click on the picture (on my post) of the award - copy the picture to your pictures on your computer. It will stay there until you want to download it to a post or put it in your sidebar. To put it in your sidebar, you go to "customize", "Post a picture" - browse (in your pictures on your computer) - choose the picture and hit save changes once the picture loads. It will be the very top picture on the top of your sidebar and you can drag and move it down your side bar to where you want it. If you want to put the award in a post (to thank someone for giving it to you) you just download it from your pictures like you do any pitcure and place it in your post. Hope that helps - if you have any problems - come back and ask me - I'd be glad to help. See you soon. Kellan

Kellan said...

Never mind - I see you already have it in your sidebar - you figured it out! Take care. Kellan

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

HA! Loved this so much I laughed out loud! Congratulations on having two nights alone!!

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.