Thursday, January 10, 2008

All In A Day's Work

Justin is a self- proclaimed snoop. Got a rash, that needs cream? I probably know about it. No medicine cabinet is safe. If you have pre- plastic surgery pictures in the guest bedroom, he will find them. And tell me. There is no maliciousness involved, he's just, well, nosy.

With his job (cleaning carpets) he meets lots of different people. And goes into lots of different houses. But, out of professional courtesy, he doesn't snoop in customers' houses, only acquaintances. You see, it would be bad for business if he got caught going through someone's bedside drawer.

And the crazy thing is- he doesn't even need to snoop through his customers' houses. They leave some of their most private possessions in plain view. He has had to kick a battery operated "friend" under the bed. He has seen compromising pictures from Mardi Gras, right next to a man's pair of leather pants. Eew.

Today, he cleaned an elderly lady's apartment. She was blind. Not a just a little blind, either. When she wrote him a check, she had to bend over until she was about 6 inches from the table- and still didn't write on the lines. Justin was casually looking around and spotted something crazy. No- not another "friend". Get your mind out of the gutter! It was something scarier.

It was an application for a driver's license. In her name. Great.



Oh, and it De- Lurker day! I didn't know anything about it, but every blog I've looked at today is doing it, and I'm always looking for a bandwagon to jump on, so- do it, show yourself, it won't hurt (promise), leave a comment. De-Lurk.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Amy said...

Doesn't the southwest commercial where the medicine cabinet collapses while someone is snooping through it freak him out?
My brother got caught snooping through a medicine cabinet once. It scared me enough to never look

Irene said...

I probably am nosy, but more scared of being caught to actually do something about it.

Remind me not to invite you over! Just kidding!!!!

We have nurses often in our home when we are gone taking care of our second daughter. I wonder if they are snooping. Some days they can be here 8 or 10 hours at a time.

There is one nurse in particular who strikes me as VERY nosy. But, I actually don't think there is much here to even find so even if she did nose around, she wouldn't find anything but the normal stuff. Maybe someday I will get one of those cameras...but then I am afraid of what I will see!

Anonymous said...

I am very NOSY!!! As I am sure you already know that!! But working in apartments, I know better, I am not that good to not get caught!! But I have seen things laying out on beds and stuff and its not pretty either, especially if you have to work with them on a day to day basis! Love ya sis!

Sarah said...

Amazing the things people leave out and even display. At a friend's party last month, everyone was told to put their coats on the bed. That's when I saw the framed photo on the bedside table of my friend & her hubby stark naked. TMI!!

BookMamma said...

trying to keep my resolution to not lurk so much and comment more! Yours is one of my favorite blogs... keep it up!

suchsimplepleasures said...

i can only imagine the types of things that he finds underneath beds...ewwwww!!!!
btw...i don't know if you know this but...i don't lurk here ;)
xoxo

Patricia said...

I just found your blog 2 days ago so I wouldn't qualify as a lurker yet. You are a funny writer and your 3 year old reminds me of when my teens were that age.

Amy said...

Hello! Just found your blog and this story is so funny!! I have a 3 year old daughter as well and she always keeps me laughing! I'll be stopping back by!

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.