Saturday, April 12, 2008

Coincidence? I Think Not

My younger sister and I have always been close, minus, of course the years we were both in our teens, and fought all the freakin' time. As the years have gone by, we have grown even closer.

Eerily closer.

We first started noticing the weirdness when I first moved away, to go to college. She would call me, and tell me about her earache. The next morning, I would wake up with an ear infection. Another common occurence was when one of us would call the other, and talk about how their kidney's were aching. The very next day, the recipient of the call would have either a bladder infection or a kidney infection.

It got to the point that if anything felt strange about me, I would call her and warn her that she would get sick the next day. And, she usually would. She did the same with me. Her specialty was pink eye, though. Even being 3 hours away, her eyes would start bothering her and I would end up with red, gooky eyes.

Last Tuesday, I had a dream that I was pregnant and the due date was December 15. I called her on Wednesday, told her about it and told her that she was probably prego. She laughed. She denied it.

She took the test on Thursday. Guess what her due date is. . .

insert Twilight Zone music- getting louder and louder

December 15.

So far, I'm 3 for 3. This is her third pregnancy, and the third one that I've called.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

MommyTime said...

Definitely weird. But in a cool way. I wish I were psychic! :)

Anonymous said...

If I was pregnant, I would want to be the first to know then blab the news to everyone. You get to know first every time so she's a good sport if she isn't miffed! Just kidding. I think it's pretty cool in a creepy kind of way. :)

Now I'm curious if you watch Medium!

Anonymous said...

It's ESP. Not to mention the April Fools joke I told everyone I was prego and due on Dec 15. And one week later I am. How weird is that?!?! Love ya sis! Hey my ear does ache tonight, just thought I would warn you.

Wendi said...

Does this mean that you are expecting too? Am I the only one reading into that? And...

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Wow...she should name this baby after you...unless one of the other two already has your name.

Amy said...

You are kidding me! That is amazing. You definitely share a special bond.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Wow! That is amazing.

Sarah said...

Cool! I believe that we humans have a sixth sense that's not very well developed yet.

Looks like yours is more evolved than most of ours!

Irene said...

Wow....so WEIRD....But how about you? Is the dream it? Or are you going to be making a big announcement soon?

Anonymous said...

That is scary, weird and funny all at the same time, I mean really, really scary.

photomommy said...

Wow, that is wierd. But it's amazing, too. It must be kind of neat to have a connection like that.

Anonymous said...

Horray for the prophetic mommy. I often have psychic experiences like that myself. It is eeiry!

Anonymous said...

That is totally freaky and awesome at the same time....

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.