Monday, February 4, 2008

Miley Cyrus- President of the World

Walk into any preschool girl's room, and I bet you see princesses, princess dress- up clothes or any verseion of dolls/barbies/babies. Most conversations revolve around fairy godmothers, wicked witches, and prince charmings. Their pajamas are princess gowns. And, don't try to settle for a cheap imposter. Oh, no. They can spot a fake a mile away.

Walk into any pre-teen girl's room, and I bet you see posters of Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana. Oh wait, are they the same person? I still have a preschooler, not a pre- teen, yet. Thank God. They talk about Miley. They wear clothes with her face plastered on the front. They listen to Hannah's music. She's basically a pre-teen Oprah. They watch her show, and the lucky ones get to go to a concert. And, for those who can't go to a concert, they've made a movie.

And the phone calls began, in earnest. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the link.) Almost 40 a day. Most of them wanting to know about the Hannah Montana movie.

Justin: Heaven's Best Carpet Cleaning

Lady: What time does the Hannah Montana movie start?

Justin: Oh, they canceled the show. I heard that she's pregnant. (She's not, he was just really tired of all of the phone calls.)

Lady: WHAT?! ANOTHER ONE? freaks out and hangs up the phone. Never calls back.

Another lady didn't take it so well. He told her that it wasn't showing. She went nuts and asked about refunds. He told her to talk to his manager. She hung up and called back. We let the voicemail get it. She called back.

Me: Hello?

Crazy Woman: Who. Is. This?

Me: This is Rosa.

Crazy Woman: WHAT?! Do I have the wrong number?

Me: Um, yeah. You do.

Crazy Woman: Well, who was the smart- a** who f*&^ing told me the f*&^ing Hannah Montana movie was f&^%ing cancelled.

Me: I hope you don't talk like that during the movie. I don't think Billy Ray would approve.

Okay, I didn't really say that last part, but it would have been so cool if I had. I thought of it right after I hung up on the crazy woman. You know, because she was cussing me out when she dialed the wrong number.

The paper said that because of the popularity, the movie was being extended beyond the original week-long showing. Possibly for a month. Great.

Miley Cyrus is going to take over the world, isn't she?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Amy said...

Oh yeah, she is definitely taking over the world!! Luckily I got to take the girls to see the concert in November, so hopefully we can just forgo the movie. Because my ears are still ringing from all the teeny boppers screaming back then!

BookMamma said...

It's scary. Reason #53 I'm glad I'm a boy-mom. My neices are absolutely nuts for Miley/Hannah and the obsession rivals that of a strung out heroin addict. Give me Optimus Prime any day!

Amy said...

Your husband is hilarious! I am so glad I have preschool kids and don't have to deal with the Miley craziness!

Sarah said...

Isn't the whole Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus thing overwhelming?

And I love your new picture! And new hair!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

You poor thing getting all those calls! Our neighbor's little girl has had a Hannah Montana birthday party for 2 years in a row and this year her mom refused but the girls still danced and sang and dressed up like Hannah Montana at the party (which was at their house). Such an obsession! Maybe it's good I have a little boy!

Joanna said...

Hey I thought I would hop over from Kellan's to say your hair looks sooo cute!! Love your new pic.

Kellan said...

Your husband is so funny!! I loved this "crazy woman" - too cute!!

Have a good day - Kellan

Kimberlee Kee said...

Ya'll are crazy!! You are always making us laugh!! Luv ya sis

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid so. My daughter is nearly 3 and is obsessed with her. When will it end?

Suburban Turmoil said...

It is scary that there are moms out there like that. It is scarier that I think I've seen moms who would do that many, many times. Coincidentally, I think they all send their daughters to Miss Cathy's Dance Studio.

gwendomama said...

OMG OMG OMG - LOVE you! NOT a fan here of the miley/hannah split personality - shielding the 6 yr old -but i just peed my pants with the 'she's pregnant' and 'not another one!' exchange.

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.