Thursday, October 4, 2007

Gym Cliques

When I go to the gym, one of the biggest things that I notice are the different groups. We have the PTA moms. "Are you going to be able to help next Friday? You know it's the Fall Festival, and we really need all the help we can get. . . " There are the cardio queens, taking up the machines for hours at a time. "Can't. . Talk. . Need. . Water.." Young, muscled meatheads, mixing up dangerous concoctions of protein drinks and Red Bull. "Dude, I like just benched like so much more than you ever could, man" The loners- well, it's just me.

And I've never wanted to fit into any of these groups. The only one I'm interested in joining positively reeks of exclusivity. You can spot them at any given time sitting around the coffee station.

They smile at everyone, even if you are not quite ready to join their group. Most, but certainly not all, come with their spouses. And when the time comes, they walk to the exercise room together. That's right, they have their own class. Throughout the gym, they have signs on the trips they plan on taking. Recipes are posted for anyone to take. Potlucks happen about once a month.

Dangit, I WANT IN!!

I'm active. I'll be 30 in January, so we know I'm aging. Can I please join the Silver Sneakers?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.