Monday, October 29, 2007

Te Quiero, Bellgrande de Nachos

At the beginning of this past summer, I decided to become a vegetarian. No research was involved, and I really didn't have a reason for it. I just wanted to see if I could. So, just like that, I no longer ate meat.

The beginning was tough for me, but once I got accustomed to being the only one NOT enjoying their dinner, it was fine. No, I promise- this broccoli/cauliflower/squash thing is awesome. I love everything green!! Veggie burgers taste just like the real thing, really. And then I started believing it. And I got weird. For almost 5 months I was obsessed with being a vegetarian. I didn't trust myself around it, so I didn't want it anywhere near me, and I sure didn't want to smell it, especially bacon.

But the nights were the worse. I dreamed a lot. About bacon. And nachos bellgrande from Taco Bell. And juicy cheeseburgers. And fried chicken. And being able to eat it without feeling grossed out.

And so began my journey back to sanity. I started out eating chicken, and progressed to lean meats. But the true test was last week.

I went to Taco Bell and ordered a real nachos bellgrande. Filled with ground beef, refried beans, tomatoes, sour cream, and cheese. I felt a tingle of excitement as I ordered it. And when I got my little sack, there was an extra taco in it. Oooh, this must be God's way of telling me it's okay to eat grade D meat. And then I got to object of my dreams.

What?!?! They messed it up!! There were no tomatoes. There was no sour cream. THERE WAS NO MEAT!!!

I sure hope this wasn't a sign from God to give up meat again. Cause I'm not ready to jump on that crazy train again. And neither is my family.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Nissa said...

What is it about bacon? I like bacon - it's good. But I never craved it until I became a vegetarian. (I read that book Mad Cowboy and went cold turkey- no pun intended)

I think my stint lasted about 5 months, too. Oh how I wanted me some bacon... Then I snapped & ran to the store & cooked a whole package of bacon. It was the yummiest thing ever.
Maybe it's the animal fat.. I mean, bacon is about the fattiest meat there is!

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.