Wednesday, September 17, 2008

True Love

When I picked up Maddie on her second day of school, she ran up to me, gave me a big hug, and said, "Mommy, I have- like- a boyfriend, now!" But, but, you've had the same boyfriend since before you were 2. We know him. We like him. We like his parents.


"Oh, really. What's his name?" Say it's still Ethan. Please, say it's still Ethan.


"Zach. He's a nice boy. He gave me a hug and kiss, and my teacher knew that it was true love, so she let us sleep next to each other during quiet time." Excuse me?!?! You've known this boy for 2 days and you are already sleeping with him?


Oy.


"Um, Maddie- what about Ethan? You know, your best friend, your boyfriend, the kid you have been planning your wedding with?"

"Yeah- don't tell him."

Fast forward to that night. She tells Ethan the minute she sees him that she has a new boyfriend. And at the end of the night, she hugs him and gives him a kiss, like nothing has changed.

"Don't tell Zach, Mommy."

It's going to be a long 14 years. I hope her Daddy is prepared.

Cause I'm not.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Melissa Martin said...

You are in for it! When I picked up Curly Girl from school today she informed me that she's marrying Billy. I still haven't told her father yet.

Anonymous said...

Oh my.. thankfully Donnie is still thinking he is going to marry me.. hahaha

Wendi said...

Oh my!
I laid the ground rule for boyfriends/girlfriends for my kids long ago.

"Don't even think about it"!!!

And they aren't allowed to get married untill they are 30!

Its worked so far...how long do you think it will last?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, my six year old has a new girlfriend every week the fickle one.

Rachel said...

Woo Hoo! Y'all are in trouble!
Princess is still marrying Daddy but she's already had a boy at preschool ask her to be his girlfriend :-) LOL.
Oy.

I love that kid of yours. Already playing the field. :-)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Too funny! Yep, brace yourself for the gray hairs coming!

Karen said...

Yikes. That's one you'll want to lock up in a few years.

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.