Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm Just Glad We're Moving At The End Of Summer

As I may have mentioned, we are leaving this apartment for good. Our house should be finished by the end of July. Needless to say, we are ecstatic.

I've always liked my apartment. I like my next door neighbor that plays in the house band for the Grand Ole Opry and tells me crazy stories of the Opry in the 60's. I like the convenience of it being 5 minutes to everything, especially Target. I like the fact that I've never had to fix anything and if the light bulb just happens to be blown in the room the maintenance people are working in, they go out to their little golf cart, get one of the good ones, and replace it without even asking.

I will miss those things a little bit.

I will not miss the skunk that lives in a hole right outside of our apartment. I will not miss the maintenance people walking in to change the air filter/spray for pests/check the smoke alarm at the most inopportune times- right after getting out of the shower, or nap time. I will not miss the cheapo carpet/refrigerator/stove/air conditioner. I will not miss the fight for parking spots.

Now that I think about it, I can only think of one thing that I will miss. A lot.

The pool.

During the summer, we spend most mornings at the pool. Usually with my friend and Maddie's future husband, Ethan.

It's free. There aren't many people swimming and splashing me. Lunch is just a short walk away. Maddie and Ethan play together in the water, while Christie and I hang out and do what we do best- talk.

The best thing about the pool, though, is the sheer exhaustion that follows.

Maddie is content to just relax for the rest of the day. There is no, "Can we go here?" "What are we gonna do tonight?" "Can we go to the mall?" "What fun thing is going to happen now?"

Instead, I hear, "I'm just gonna sit on the couch for a few minutes." "What movie can I watch?" "I don't really wanna go anywhere. I'm too tired."

Today, she even took a nap. For her, that's HUGE. She hasn't taken a non- car ride inducing nap in I don't know how long.

It was great.

So, while I will miss the pool and the memories it is sure to bring. I'll really miss the naps.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Wendi said...

Refresh my memory.
What are naps?

Karen said...

We're finding that a small pool on the patio has the same effect. I love those worn-out kids that go to bed early.

Anonymous said...

The pool is the perfect outlet for exhausting the children. The kids and I love having one in the backyard but the hubby complains daily abouy all the work of keeping it up.

Exciting house news!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I miss our pool from our old town home, too. That's the biggest thing I miss, especially now that it's HOT.

Anonymous said...

They had a lot of fun in the small pool I got for moms. Just go buy one of those and you should be set. Make sure its there before we get there to help you move. Ha! Love ya- Sis

Irene said...

Naps? Seriously? You are so lucky. Yeah, your new house NEEDS a pool!

Anonymous said...

What's up to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are nice for new visitors.

Also visit my weblog ... g-tonic.tv

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.