Sunday, September 30, 2007

It's a Fantasy World, After All

A few years ago, Justin told me he wanted to play fantasy football in a church league with some of his family. "No problem, just don't get hurt," I said "Not flag football. Fantasy football." He tried to explain. "So, there's this draft and we get to pick our players. We bid on them and try to get the best team to earn the most points." Seems simple enough to me. Boy was I wrong. Apparently you get points for all kinds of things. Field goals, touchdowns, yards earned, the list goes on and on and on. Take my word for it.

Living in Nashville, we are smack dab in the middle of Titan Territory. And it really is lots of fun. I even get into the Titans' games- well kinda. I'm usually on the phone, reading or playing Barbie with Maddie. But I hear the game in the background. That counts, right? So just imagine my confusion when I hear Justin cheer for the opposing team's quarterback. "Ssshhh! The neighbors might hear you. Keep it down!" I try to warn him. "Oh, it's okay. He's on my fantasy team. I don't really want his team to win, just for him to score more points." WHAT?!? I'm so confused. Just tell me what color to cheer for. Okay?

And I try to be supportive, I really do. But honestly, who can keep up with it unless you actually play? So I propose a new type of fantasy game. We'll call it "Fantasy Football Players' Wives Fantasy Shopping Trip" But really, any of my friends can play. And we're all on the same team. And we stop at Starbucks on the way home (winner's treat). And we hope to make it back in time for Desperate Housewives.

Rules and Scoring:
No children allowed. Shopping for children always acceptable.
Gain 1 point for every percentage off on the clearance rack. Example: 15% off=15pts
Get double points if purchase is shoes. Buy one get one half off not included.
For every single item purchase under $20 get 20 points.
Lose 10 points for items purchased full price.
Only Sunday afternoon shopping is eligible and must be witnessed by at least one other player.

And when we get home, the children are bathed and in bed, dinner is cooked, the house is clean and our husbands love every thing we bought. This is either the best fantasy ever, or they just really want us to take the kids next time.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.