Sunday, September 23, 2007

Now what???



Well, I've done it. Started a blog. I know, I know- not a big deal. It is 2007 and all. What can I say? I've been busy. I've got a little free time now that I my 3 year old has started a mother's day out thing. Two full glorious days a week. Not to say that I don't miss her- cause I do. Really. I'm just really enjoying Target (by myself), Starbucks (by myself), computer time (again, by myself). I think you get the idea.




I guess I could start by telling a little about myself and my family and what we're all about. First- why PB&J In a Bowl? Honestly, because that is what my little girl (Maddie) wants to eat for almost all of her meals. That's right. Peanut butter and jelly in a bowl. No bread and it must be grape jelly stirred well with the peanut butter. This was frustrating for me and my husband (Justin) at first- kinda like a power struggle. Us against the pb&j in a bowl eating kid.




me: what do you want for breakfast/lunch/dinner? her: peanut butter jelly in bowl. grape jelly. me: no her: why not? me: you need something else. her: i won't eat it. me: oh yes you will.




Guess who won? Not me and not her daddy. In fact, we've kinda embraced the whole thing. It really is the easiest meal you could possible fix. We always offer her the food that we are eating. She simply won't even think of trying it. Hopefully, this will pass. By the way, I blame Justin for this. He's the picky one- not me.




Now on to Justin and myself. We met in 2000 while working at a diagnostic center for troubled teens. I like to say we met in juvie, but he doesn't think it's too funny. Married in 2002 in Nashville TN, where we still live and love it. It is hard right now because we don't see each other as often as we would like. I stay at home during the days while he works, when he gets home I go to work at a local restaurant (I promise there will be crazy stories coming soon). We tell each other all the time that it is for the greater good, because Maddie has never had to go to day care so that I could go to work. We have the weekends together and try to make the most of it.




Lots of my posts will be about our daily life, complete with pics. Since it is about life- there will be ups and downs, funny stories and not so funny stories. Some posts will have stories about people that I know and love and would never intentionally hurt their feelings (but it is bound to happen), some will be about complete strangers doing even stranger things (again- restaurant life). I'm new at this and welcome comments. Please be patient as I learn all the ins and outs of this blogging world.




Sit back and enjoy!!!










Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.