Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Love Rollercoaster

I sometimes try to imagine what Maddie will be like in 5, 10, 15 years. Will she still like me? Will she be athletic or a bookworm? Introverted or extroverted? Popular or the weird kid? None of it really matters to me. As long as she is happy with who she is, all is well.

When I picked her up from school today, her teacher told me a story that gave me a clue about one of Maddie's classmates' future. A little girl that I'm keeping my eye on. Ms. Teacher-lady told me:

"Maddie has a new boyfriend. Ben just loves her to pieces. Last week, he loved Elizabeth, but it's Maddie's turn, I guess. When Ben told Elizabeth that he loves Maddie now, she went up to him, and gave him a kiss full on the lips. Then she asked him, 'Now, do you love me more?' "

Oh my. She's 3. Check back in 10 years to find out if she's the, well. . . um. . . the popular one.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Rachel said...

*thud* (jaw dropping on floor)
holy cow! That's really frightening.

Rachel said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my pics!
I am really enjoying your blog.

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.