Sunday, February 8, 2009

Being Part Of The Family. . . sometimes sucks

I bought new work pants. Now, this may not seem like a big deal, but I tend to wear my work pants until they are literally falling apart. My old pants were more gray than black and the hems were gone.

I will admit that I've gained a few pounds in the last few months, but I decided to go ahead and not buy up a size. I reasoned with myself that I was sure I would look fine in them and in a couple of months, all would be back to normal.

I wore them to work on Saturday. You may remember that I wrote a few days ago about my work family. And like any other family, they call it like they see it. Believe me- it's not always pretty.

"Hey, are those new pants?" Wow. . . it sure is nice to have the little things noticed every once in a while.

"Yep. Believe me, I needed them."

"Your butt looks a lot bigger. You are now a member of the Official Big Booty Club." WHAT?!? Did he seriously just say that to me?

"Um. Wow."

Another voice chimes in

"You know, I noticed it's getting out there, too."

And another

"Ever heard that song 'Honkey-Tonk-Ba-Donk-a-donk?" Are you freakin' KIDDING me?

In my opinion, there are a few things that you just don't say to a white girl. And telling her that her butt is getting big is high up there on the list.

It lasted all. day. long.

And since I'm part of that crazy family, I received a new nickname.

And since I'm trying to shame myself into losing said booty, I'll share it with you.

I'm now known as Chelsea "Ba-Donk-A-Donk" Burns.

Hopefully, in a couple of months it will be something completely different.

I'm thinking Chelsea "Runner-girl" Burns. Or Chelsea "Where did her butt run off to?" Burns. Or Chelsea "Finished the half in 2:20" Burns.

Any other suggestions?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Terri said...

Well, as a "Ba-donk-a-donk" girl myself, I don't have much to say. Except that maybe it's time I got back on the treadmill! Anyway, I'm sure your work buddies are just kidding, right? :)

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.