Monday, February 7, 2011

Honesty Stinks

Maddie and I have played a game ever since she was itty bitty. The "I Love You More" game. We didn't invent it and I'm sure we're not the only parent/child team that plays it.

It starts with an "I love you" from either person.

"I love you, too" follows. And then-

"Well, I love you more."

"I love you the most."

"I love you bigger than the mountains."

"I love you bigger than the oceans."

And the mock argument ensues. Good times.

We haven't done this in a while. It seems that since she has gotten older, she wants to forget everything she did before she turned seven. And my heart breaks a little every day.

This morning we were on our way to school. I looked in the rear view mirror. "I love you, Maddie."

"I love you, too, Mommy."

"I love you more."

"You know, Mom, you're probably right."

My heart can not take it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Kimberlee Kee said...

Write this date down. In a few years, she would NEVER admit you are right...

Anonymous said...

Vеrу good pоst. I сertainly appreciаte thіs site.
Continue the gоod work!

My page ... v2 cigs review

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.