Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's A Strange World

I'll admit that in the past year, I've found myself caught up in the vampire stuff. And by being "caught up in . . . " I don't mean that I don fangs and drink blood. I just mean I like to be entertained by them.

Once a year, I find myself, along with my best friend (who I completely blame for this fascination), anxiously awaiting the new Twilight movie- even thought the books were much better. On any given Monday morning, I'll discuss in great detail what happened on True Blood the night before with work buddies. Bella and Edward or Jacob, Sookie and Bill or Eric. I like them

And I can't help but let my imagination run wild. Are there really vampires? I doubt it. Do regular people have certain powers and can read my mind? I'm not sure, but I try to not think bad things, just in case.

A few days ago, I think I may have had some answers.

I was at work and a man walked by me. He was well over 6 feet and skinny as a rail. Paler than me in March. His hair was silver with a black pattern of some sort in it. It may have been a map to his cave- I don't know.

I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back. He. Had. Fangs. And I think they may have grown when we made eye contact. But I'm not sure.

It was an unseasonably cloudy day.

I pretty sure I saw a vampire.

I didn't want him to glamour me, so I was careful to not make eye contact with him. I kept my thoughts clear, just in case he could hear my thoughts.

He ate his food. Or maybe he pretended to eat. I didn't watch him that closely, just in case he remembered his preferences and that he prefers blonds. He left without incidence. But I counted my co-workers, just to make sure.

Later that night, Justin began telling me about his drive into work that night. It was around 3 a.m. and he was alone on the road. He looked out the window and saw a massive being running beside his truck. He said it was huge. And furry. And fast. And he didn't know what it was.

One word. Werewolf.

As I thought about the fact that Justin and I possibly saw evidence of vampires and werewolves in one day, I discovered that I'm not really that freaked out by it.

Or, at least, not nearly as freaked out as I am by the 5500 birds that fell out of the sky in Arkansas and Louisiana.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.