Monday, May 4, 2009

Another Failed Attempt

We sat down to eat dinner with my parents. I had made potato soup with French bread.

I explained to Maddie that we were going to follow her doctor's advice about her pickiness. Dr. Hyperenoughtobefiveherself told us that the "one bite, no thank you" rule works well.

Basically, Maddie has to eat one bite of whatever it is that she doesn't want and if she doesn't like it, fine. She can eat something else.

Justin had prepared her every night meal of mashed potatoes. Beside them I placed a small bowl with a tiny amount of potato soup.

Maddie gobbled up her mashed potatoes. Then I told her that she still needed to eat a bite of potato soup.

She smelled of it. And refused.

I told her to eat it.

She took the smallest bite possible. And made a face.

And then that look came upon her face. She better not. Oh crap. She's really about to do what I think she's about to do. Nnnnnnoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She did it. She vomited at the table. Over a teensy bite of soup, which everyone else seemed to think tasted pretty good.

I think the doctor forgot to tell me one important rule. Only attempt this on an empty stomach.

Not after eating an entire bowl of mashed potatoes.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh... that is so something Jett would do! i hate to laugh, but when it happens to someone else it's so funny!

Colette said...

Oh my stomach just flip-flopped reading this!

I have to say I'm not a fan of potato soup either, perhaps even enough to make me vomit too.

Dawn said...

That is so gross! Jude is EXTREMELY picky too, but not Maddie-picky :)

This happened to Steve when he was a kid and he and his dad had a standoff over meatloaf. He won't eat it to this day.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Seriously, Chelsea, I would take her to a speech pathologist who specializes in feeding therapy!! If I knew more, I would tell you to bring her to me, but that's not my specialty. I have friends at Vandy who would be so helpful if you are interested!!!

Anonymous said...

Little booger!

Suburban Turmoil said...

This was so funny, I read it to Dennis! Ha ha! These are the kinds of things you didn't think you could take before you had kids, but now you just shrug and deal with it. :D

Website Content and Copy: PBJinabowl.blogspot.com, 2007-8.
Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.